FOTA (Firmware Over-The-Air) is a device management technology that allows manufacturers
to upgrade and update the firmware of IoT devices over the air.
Primarily, the FOTA service downloads upgrades directly from the service provider.
The following technologies are mainly applied.
▪ Remote device management via OTA software update
▪ Scheduling, release and reporting of firmware build versions via web server interface solution
▪ Code signing to ensure the authenticity (data integrity and source authentication) of each firmware
image being updated
▪ Manage controlled and customized OTA software releases through logical device groupings based
on project requirements
▪ Ensure minimal device downtime during updates
▪ Ensure that all sessions of FOTA update are complete and clean, so that the firmware update does not
end up in an incomplete/broken state.